Home Health Care
Home Care… Is it Time?
Is it time to start considering Home Care for your aging parent or dependent loved one?
For many Canadians, home health care is a better and cost effective alternative to a hospital, long-term care facility or retirement residence. It allows loved ones to stay in their homes; preserving their independence and dignity; and enhancing their overall quality of life.
Home care is available to individuals of all ages with a wide range of health conditions and challenges. The need for home care is generally triggered by one or more of the following situations:
Sudden event such as:
- Heart Attack
- Injury (i.e. Head Injury; Falls; Broken Bones)
Over a period of time such as:
- Dementia / Alzheimer’s
- Unexplained wandering or getting lost in previously familiar settings
- Unable to clean or care for self, home and / or property
- Safety Concerns i.e. cooking, falls, wandering, becoming increasingly vulnerable
- Natural Aging Process
- Progression of existing illness or disease process i.e. Arthritis, Diabetes, Depression, Osteoporosis, Vision or Hearing Loss, Parkinson’s , Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia …
Whether you are in your own home or an institutional facility, Total Nursing Care Inc. will develop a personalized care plan that meets all of your needs.